“Backpack, backpackBackpack, backpack
On the backpack loaded up with things and knickknack’s too
Anything that you might need I got inside for you”
Now that I got the Dora the explorer song out, let’s jump right into the latest fall bag trend.
These did catch my eye early in the season, and to be honest it looks a lot easier than carrying around a bag. I mean you could definitely fit a lot more needed items in a backpack over a regular pocket book. And by needed items I mean a pair of flats for when your 5 inch heels have slaughtered your feet. Every girl does it, I saw girls outside of 1oak switching into flats #truestory. A friend of mine actually pulled off this trick, this is when I first encountered the backpack trend in the summer. It was the end of the night and she had the cutest backpack since shad come straight from work. Right before we were about to leave she pulled out a pair of flats and changed her shoes. From that moment on I respected the backpack trend.
I guess Cher from clueless had an innovative idea back then with this trend.
So let’s be honest these can be worth the investment for this trend. I’m talking to all you mama Bears out there too. Wouldn’t this be easier than carrying an oversized bag?
Let’s jump into a few of my favorites that I found..
- Rebecca Minkoff Drawstring back pack $275 – a bit of a splurge but if you are fully committed to this new look then it’s worth the investment, plus doesn’t it remind you of the early 2000’s draw string bags. Just nicer. A lot nicer.
- Rebecca Minkoff Julien backpack $295 – only if you are truly committed to the trend ladies then spend the money!
- Michael Kors Small Rhea Zip Backpack $298 – another splurge on the basic backpack
- Ralph Lauren Medium Dryden Backpack $248 – simple and clean and just perfect
- DKNY backpack $498 – it’s so simple and beautiful, if you have the money get it! (There are definitely similar looks for less my budget friendly readers)
- Sole Society ‘Prescott’ Grommet Faux Leather Backpack $64.95 – I found this at Nordstroms, you’d be surprised with the price point. Never be afraid to check out the higher end websites.
- Urban Outfitters Jerry mini convertible backpack $79 – when you want to commit to a trend but aren’t sure, this would be perfect for my indecisive readers 😉
- Urban Outfitters Silence & Noise Sloane Simple backpack $45 – simply chic
- Express patchwork backpack $59.90 – I have see patchwork all over Instagram these days and even on the street, if you want a more street style look check this out
- Express convertible hobo bag $69.90 – commitment to the trend with an option of way out of it, perfectly indecisive backpack
- ASOS Lifestyle Mesh Dogclip backpack $40.31 – similar look to the Rebecca Minkoff Julien, just a lot less money 🙂
- ASOS Front Zip Backpack with dogclip &45.14 – another similar look to Rebecca Minkoff’s bag but in leather
- ASOS snake emboss backpack $35.47
- ASOS Zip Front Square backpack $45.49 – for a sleeker look, and a color other than black
- ASOS Pieces Backpack With Braided Pocket Detail $56.43 – if you like more a traditional backpack feel
- ASOS Skinnydip Exclusive Velvet Backpack with Faux Fur Contrast Pocket $51.59 – the velvet trend can even be used on backpacks, this is a little funky but if you like it then rock it! 😜
- Target Mossimo Supply Co. Faux Leather Backpack $29.99 – your look for less for that DKNY bag!
- Target Harper by Hare+Hart Faux Leather Rhonda Backpack $39.99
Hope these options helped make your backpack shopping more fun! And I am sorry if that Dora the Explorer song is stuck in your head now 🙂