If there is any styling lesson that I have learned in the past few years, it is simply to style a look with what you already have in your closet. And the amount of times I have surprised myself with an entirely new look with items I already have is… usually every photo session.
A graphic top with a plaid skirt brings back a lot of memories from my teenage angst so I wanted to give this a more grown-up version of this style. This bodysuit has been in my dresser for the longest time and I’ve seldomly worn it – very happy I dusted it off for this look! Since it’s sleeveless, I threw on my suede moto jacket for a more subtle edge.
Pairing it with black sheer stockings and my trusty Steve Madden suede booties the look was perfect! Lastly, my accessories…
These sunglasses from Amazon have quickly replaced my designer sunglasses for a few reasons: they are light weight, affordable and don’t overwhelm my face. Now don’t get my wrong I will always have love for my oversized designer sunglasses, but every now and then we need to change things up!
My backpack has also been my go to lately because of the pandemic. My anxiety is rather high, even as of late, about being clean and worried about contracting anything. So I’ve packed my bag with all of the necessary things: hand sanitizer, anti-bacterial wipes and disposable masks (just in case). Its also a lot easier to put my phone in the back pocket while I’m out shopping 😉
Shop the post:
- Abercrombie Plaid Mini Skirt (last season) | Similar style from Boohoo |
- Whatever Bodysuit from Amazon (closet archives) | Similar styled bodysuit from Amazon, or this graphic tank from Target |
- Zara Suede Jacket (unavaiable) | Alternative options from Boohoo and ASOS |
- Stockings from Amazon
- Henri Bendel Backpack (unavailable) | Similar styles from Forever 21, Rebecca Minkoff, and LuLus |
- Steve Madden Suede Booties (closet archives) | Similar style from Steve Madden, LuLus and DSW |