I love it when the title of my blog perfectly flows and explains everything that I am wearing. From my “cami series” I promised that I would show a full head to toe look with this black cami & bralette from Free People… Continue reading “Black Velvet & Faux Leather + a Sweater”
Continuing with my full looks from the “cami series” here is the amazing red velvet cami look. Although I tend to wear mostly black, I couldn’t help myself when it came to purchasing this red velvet cami. This time around I wore it with jeans and a faux leather jacket. Continue reading “Pop of Red(velvet)”
Never did I think that my attire or style would ever be inspired by the 70’s but here we are. Yet another faux fur look. This vest was another item from my cousin’s closet which I am having a lot of fun wearing. I may be late on this trend but I’m having fun experimenting with this faux fur look this winter. After all, I have grown to love the look thanks to Game of Thrones.
Now I recently got this bell sleeved top and I am absolutely loving it. Finding different ways to wear this look is something I am enjoying. What girl doesn’t like playing dress up in her own closet trying to find that perfect outfit to wear…. to sit and watch Netflix haha. My weekends have been pretty much preoccupied with doing things related to my blog so by the time the evening comes I am exhausted or I am writing blog posts into the night without realizing the time. Eventually I will make it back to being social once again and I have the perfect outfit to do so. This outfit was also approved by my grandmother, recently I wore this to her birthday. Since my cousin had given me this vest I wanted to show it off and possibly take an OOTD photo. That was derailed when my little cousins wanted to play until it was time to leave. For all of my readers who are mommies, let me tell you I was very comfortable chasing around kids ages ranging from 1 to 6 years old. The only difference was I was wearing my flat OTK boots.
This outfit choice might not have been the go to look for a family party of pizza and cake but there is something that my grandmother had taught me without saying it to me. Dressing nice to feel better about yourself. She has always been well put together, her hair always done, pearl necklace always worn and matching outfits. It was something I grew up seeing and something even my Aunt’s had done too. Before I knew it I had been doing the same thing. Granted there are days where I dress exactly how I feel, a bum! No shame in having those days, but never make it an every day thing. Dressing in an outfit that makes you feel awesome will instantly lift your spirits, and you don’t have to spend a ton of money either. Take this outfit I am wearing, the only new item I am wearing is the shirt (which I had gotten on sale). The vest, a borrow from my cousin’s closet. Everything else was things I had, it was all about styling what was in my closet.
- Liquor & Poker Extreme Bell Sleeve Top (this is still on sale for $27!)
- Dynamite High Waisted Black Jeans – the ones I am wearing in the photo are actually my knee ripped jeans, you can’t tell because of my OTK boots… these are exactly the same brand as the ones I am wearing just not ripped.
- H&M Black and Grey Faux Fur Vest (Erika’s Closet) | Similar Options: Amazon Option | Forever 21 Option | Missguided Option | Target Option
- Steve Madden Over The Knee Boots
- Dynamite Statement Necklace (closet archives) | Similar options: Target Option, Charming Charlie Swing Fringe Bar Necklace, Charming Charlie Layered Necklace | Charming Charlie Chevron Double Chain Necklace
The title of this post is rather self explanatory. Lately I have been having fun wearing these leather leggings, not only are they comfortable but they change the entire look compared to regular leggings. Normally I hate not wearing a regular shirt with leggings because I preferred to be covered, finding comfortable tunics that don’t look like dresses on me are pretty seldom finds. For a happy medium I’ve settled on wearing this waterfall sweater which I have had for ages. Not only am I completely comfortable with how I look but I also don’t feel like a complete bum when I leave the house in this. Throwing on my OTK boots dresses this look up a lot more. What your not seeing is the fuzzy socks that I am wearing on the inside of these boots to keep my feet nice and toasty during the freezing cold. I threw my jacket over my shoulders since it was FREEZING outside when I took these, normally I just wear this outfit around the house.. well minus the OTK boots.
- Express Faux Leather/Scub Leggings
- Forever 21 Long Sleeve Scoop Neck Shirt (closet archives) | Similar tops: Forever 21 Option, White House Black Market Top, Target Option |
- Forever 21 Waterfall Cardigan (closet archives) | Target Option, Forever 21 Similar Option |
- Charles by Charles David Gunter Over The Knee Boot
- Vince Camuto Double-Breasted Military Peacoat (originally purchased through Macys – no longer available in black) | Available in Olive & Grey here | Available in Navy here | Similar style here
- Quay Australia Vivienne Sunglasses
Before I even begin writing about this outfit, I have to thank my really amazing cousin Erika for lending me this jacket. She is one of my go to girls when it comes to fashion, we have somewhat similar styles in that we like to dress sporty but we love to dress girly and fashionable too. I had told her about my quest to find a faux fur jacket & how Forever 21 seemed to be completely out of stock. She quickly pulled this from her closet and said “have fun! and put it on your blog!” I was SO EXCITED! Not only was this different from the faux furs I had been seeing all over instagram but I thought of a million ways to style this. Stay tuned as I’m sure this will be a repeat offender this month.
Mixing different textures with this look was something I thought was rather different other than the typical jeans and booties look that everyone was doing. Yes it is simple and all but this was such a fun color so I wanted to go all out with it. Bringing back my awesome steal for the Free People Tunic, I paired it with my new leather leggings and my knee high suede boots. The look didn’t feel complete without this hat which gave this a little bit of the 70’s disco vibe to it. I really had so much fun styling this look if you couldn’t tell!
- Forever 21 Pink Faux Fur Jacket (Erika’s closet) | Similar options: Forever 21 Hooded Faux Fur Bomber Jacket | Amazon Option 1 | Amazon Option 2 | Missguided Red Faux Fur Bubble Coat
- Free People Ottoman Tunic (originally from Gilt) | Free People Ottoman Tunic (peach) | Macys Option | Forever 21 Option | H&M Option
- Express Faux Leather/Scuba Legging
- Guess Enesta 2 Knee-High Heel Boots (similar look here & here & here too)
- Dynamite hat from last season -irely similar hat from Charming Charlie
- Charming Charlie Earrings (closet archives) | similar pair here
This is a trend I have been seeing everywhere, and instead of going out and buying a new outfit I figured let’s see if I can recreate this with items that I already have in my closet. Success! Although I will be honest by saying I might get a different skirt, I had some issues with it riding up.
The skirt: I got this FOREVER ago! Remember when the Kardashian’s had a clothing line at Sears? Yeah well that’s how long its been. Just sitting in my closet trying to find an excuse to wear it. And now I finally do! I was also looking for another excuse to wear these OTK (over the knee) boots again. I really do love them, maybe one day I’ll have the Stuart Weitzman boots I truly adore… until then these are a great pair!
Kardashian Kollection Women’s Lace Trim Georgette Skirt (closet archives) | similar option here | if you don’t want to wear a skirt but wear a lace dress underneath that might solve the issue that I had with the skirt riding up and sitting correctly under the sweater.. try this slip dress or even this one | one more suggestion : try this mini velvet lace trimmed skirt
- Express Crew Neck Sweater – I am wearing deep violet, this color is no longer available but you can always wear a black sweater to make it monochromatic or any other longer sweater that you’d like
- Charles Over the Knee Boot
Not too long ago I posted about this white jacket, I really have become such a fan of the winter whites. It is pulling my away from the head to toe black looks I tend to wear on a daily basis. Some times I wonder if I really am Wednesday Addams all grown up… but my parents never let me have a guillotine like she did, being a historical form of the death penalty didn’t change their minds either… moving on…
As I have previously posted about this faux fur scarf, I wanted to show you other ways of how it can really change your entire look. Today I paired this white jacket with a cream sweater that I got from Express. Its really itchy. Wear a shirt underneath it to battle the itch, and to stay warm. I love the look of the sweater, just not the feel. Despite all of that I really do like the sweater enough to want to wear it. Recently I have also read an article that I found through Bloglovin’ about a jacket style trick. If you haven’t downloaded this app or signed up for it, I highly recommend that you do. Its such an easier way to follow all of your favorite bloggers & interests in one place.. plus I’m on there too – SO FOLLOW ME! Any way, the point of the article was to pull your sweater, blouse, or shirt out long enough so that it can be seen at the bottom of your jacket sleeves. Now I have done this in the past without knowing it was a style trick but more of a way to keep my hands and fingers warm when I’ve left my mittens/gloves at home. It is also a great way to show off the pop of color in your outfit too! Read more about this style trick here on who what wear.
To make this jacket look different, I placed the faux fur scarf around my neck and simply let it hang, it looks like it is part of the jacket collar. Since I can’t seem to get away from the color black, and these are my new favorite boots for the winter season, I wore my over the knee boots with this look and a pair of dark denim jeans from Express.
Onto the accessories… this necklace I got from Dynamite has definitely gotten more than its worth for the amount of times I’ve worn it and I really am into the starburst and celestial styled jewelry. I just wanted to add a little accessory for when I am indoors and not just outside all day. These sunglasses. Oh these sunglasses from Quay Australia. I am a sucker for a pair of cat eyed sunglasses and I really love the rose gold frames. This outfit was the perfect excuse to wear them, they don’t always go with my all black Wednesday Addams look but they do go with my winter whites 😉
- Missguided oversized waterfall duster coat white
- Express Crew Neck Shaker Knit Sweater
- Express Solid Dark Mid Rise Jean Legging
- Target Faux Fur Merona Scarf
- Dynamite Starburst Y Necklace (closet archives) – Charming Charlie Similar option or Vince Camuto Starburst Y-Necklace
- Quay Australia All My Love Sunglasses in rosegold
- Charles by Charles David Gunter Wide Calf Over The Knee Boot
With the holiday season beginning this is a fun outfit to wear for a casual holiday party with friends or if you are out in New York City (on a warmer day of course) to see the tree in Rockefeller Christmas tree, the window displays on 5th or the decorated houses in Dyker Heights (which is my personal favorite).